Monday, June 14, 2010

Crib Woes

Hey readers, I need some help. I have been researching and researching cribs for the last few days. We thought we had settled on one that we both really liked, but it's very "adult" looking and I'm going back and forth on what I like. So, here are my questions: what crib do you recommend? Did you look at the safety standards when choosing one (e.g. was it JPMA certified)? What style did you like best? What are the best ways to get a great bargain?

Anyway, I appreciate any and ALL advice you can give! Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. I have to tell you, I researched it like crazy too but had budgetary restrictions. :-) Ours ended up being a Simplicity crib--decent ratings for the price--and in the past 2 years has had 2 recalls. Thankfully, they've been great at sending fixes quickly, so we haven't had to change cribs. It's a convertible kind, which I think will be a waste. I didn't believe everyone who told me that, but my little boy finally started chewing on his around 19 months or so. Now it's not presentable as an "adult bed." One thing I would suggest is to be sure that there are springs, not a board, underneath the mattress. My boy is a jumper, and I'm afraid he'll bust through it one day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd go with safety and functionality - there's so many really cute beddings that you can 'dress up' the look of it with =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mine was a wal-mart hand-me-down. i'm sure if i looked it up it's been recalled by now, but it still works. ;) sorry, i'm not much help. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't know if you read young house love at all (blog of course), but they just did a big post of their search to find the right crib for them.

    http://www.younghouselove.com/2010/02/nursery-progress-crib-notes/

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's safety standards?!?!

    ReplyDelete