Dear Matthew,
You, my love, are a miracle. Your daddy and I (and countless others) have prayed for you for years, and in just a few short weeks, you will be here! I am daily humbled by the simple truth that you are real and that the Lord has chosen to bless us with your life.
You have already started to show off your personality. You are an active little man, always moving and kicking! My favorite thing that you do is kick at me when I rub your little bottom too hard. I think that you might just be a little feisty, like your momma! Last night I couldn't sleep, and at 3:30 in the morning, you started wiggling around like crazy! I think that you just wanted to keep me company while I lay in bed restlessly. Also, if your movement is any indicator of things that you like, you love Abigail, Ray Lamontagne, and Christmas music.
I'm starting to get a little selfish, though. I want to keep you safe inside of me forever! I will truly miss the little shows that you put on just for me. Every time you dance and jump and kick, I get the nearest person to come feel my belly. Most of the time, you become a shy little man and stop whatever it is that you are doing. This used to frustrate me so much, but now I cherish it. It's like you're already a momma's boy...and I'm okay with that!
Your daddy and I love you so, so much. Right now, at this very moment, the Lord is fearfully and wonderfully making you into His image...what a thought! You are a beautiful creation, and the Lord delights in you! As much as I want to rush the end of this pregnancy so I can hold you in my arms, what I really want is for you to stay inside for as long as you need. I can't wait to meet you, little fella.
Love,
Your Momma
"The Lord bless you and keep you, The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. Amen." -Numbers 6:24-26
Geez...you're killing me...but I love this for you.
ReplyDeletei concur! beautiful...
ReplyDeletelove it. cherish it. and when you hold him for the first time, know that his True Protector is not of this world. Meg, I'm so so excited for you and Kenny.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy these last weeks. Love you girl.
Erin Bailes