If you peeked into Matthew's room, you might think that we have no idea that a baby is coming. But seriously, we have been working hard to plan his room! I must say that I have been "nesting" for quite some time now. His old room was our junk room, and it has taken some time to sort through all of the old
junk treasures from our past. We're almost there, and we hope to finish emptying his room TODAY (fingers crossed). In the meantime, here's what I've been up to in the planning:

This is the paint choice. It's "Gray Clouds" by Sherwin Williams. We bought it yesterday, and we thought that it was a GREAT color to use as a twist on a neutral. His room is going to be lots of sky blue and a little bit of red, and we thought this was a good complement. Hopefully these walls will be very soothing to our little man.

These are the fabric choices for Baby Matthew's room. The top fabric is going to be the main fabric. This will be for his cribskirt, pillow for the glider, and trim on the window panels. The bottom fabric will be used for small accents (like the pleating on the cribskirt).
Other than the paint and the fabric, we found a few cute things that we are going put in his room. The first is this elephant hamper. This might be my absolute favorite thing for his room! I think it's so cute!

So far, we've only found two things that we plan on hanging over the walls (besides a painting that one of my students did for me). I found this number print and these alphabet cards from
Inktree Press on Etsy. I love them!!!


And, hopefully this goes without saying, but none of these things matter in comparison to the little boy who will be sleeping in that room in a few short months. He just has a momma who just got off of summer vacation and had LOTS of free time to browse!
did you notice that the pattern is similar to your blog background? :) love it all! can't wait to see the nursery come together.
ReplyDeleteAwww I heart joel dewberry! I'm using his fabrics for Tenley's bedding as well. Can't wait to see how everything turns out!
ReplyDeleteThe paint looks so good, Meg! I love it.
ReplyDelete